Personality and content
We know what these days we are sharing our attention with multiple devices or screens. It begs the question which type of reader are you?
Are you the Skimmer, Sponge or socialite?
Face it most of us are lazy so how do we capture attention?
- Dot points
- Eye-tracking studies show that online readers tend to skip large blocks of text.
- Nielsen holds that on-screen reading is 25 percent slower than reading on paper
- Choose a default font designed for screen reading; e.g., Verdana, Trebuchet, Georgia.
- Rest your eyes for 10 minutes every 30 minutes.
- Get a good monitor. Don't make it too bright or have it too close to your eyes.
- Minimize reflections.
- Skip long lines of text, which promote fatigue
- Tag your posts so people can find what they are looking for
Learn more about how our communication is changing
Third Screen - Book